RowAlong Training Plans
I never intended to make plans for RowAlong, but in 2020 a lot of people ended up with a quite a lot of time on their hands, and a Rowing Machine at home is how they stayed connected to fitness. I was asked about trying to group my workouts into some kind of training order, and so I did just that.
Since then, I’ve made a bunch of training plans based on performance, and collections of workouts that are just designed to keep you motivated to get back to the machine the next day (but without any kind of ‘test’ row at the end).
To see a list of all the plans and collections with links to the YouTube Playlists, GO TO THIS PAGE. But here are links to the text versions of each plan on this website (some pages are still under construction, sorry!)
- 2000m (Original, loosely based on The Pete Plan)
- 2000m (Redux – this is the page I’m still making, but the plan is all on YouTube)
- Half Marathon
One thing to say here is that these performance plans mean that you are sometimes faced with max intensity workouts. Only ever undertake strenuous exercise if you know your body can take it. If you’re at all unsure, check with a medical professional.
I’ve realised over my time rowing, going back 25 years when I just used it as cardio training as a squash player – that feedback, having somewhere to ask questions, announce your successes, share your failures, and generally feel part of a community is extremely important.
- If you’re struggling – you sometimes need to know you’re not alone
- If you’re succeeding – you can help others as an inspiration
- If you’re confused – asking a group of like-minded people will provide you an answer
- If you’re alone – being part of a community will motivate you to continue and improve
The comments section on the YouTube videos is an excellent way to help others know if a session is effective / hard etc. and I encourage everyone to continue to post their comments on the videos.
Alongside this, is the Facebook community for RowAlong – https://www.facebook.com/groups/rowalong Or just email directly. Contact details can be found on the Contact tab at the top of the page.