Welcome to the RowAlong Community, relaunched for 2024

Please help it grow by registering and posting. And of course, get in touch with me if you have any feedback on this community.

Feedback and suggestions

A place to talk about anything - not just rowing
RowAlong
Site Admin

Feedback and suggestions

Post by RowAlong »

If you're used to the world of RowAlong, you'll know that it's just me here, trying to work out the best way to do things. And the only way I know if things are working, or how to improve, is when I get feedback from users / viewers.

So if you have any suggestions on how to improve this forum (other than to make sure I don't delete it again, DOH!) then please let me know.

The same goes for everything I do though. Whether it's this Community, the Website, the Facebook group - or of course, the RowAlong videos, if you can think of anything - please suggest it!! (In fact, just writing this, it has dawned on me that I don't have a category for the YouTube channel on here!! I'll go do that now...

John
Ceebs.CBDB

Re: Feedback and suggestions

Post by Ceebs.CBDB »

Just a quick question. Would be good to have a forum topic titled something like , “What have you rowed today?”

Kind of our little ‘brag forum’ where it’s just possible to post one’s own row of the day?

I finished the 12 Rows yesterday, and I couldn’t immediately find where I could simply write a post to note the experience and achievement. I was tempted to go back to Facebook and post there.
RowAlong
Site Admin

Post by RowAlong »

Ceebs.CBDB wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:15 am Just a quick question. Would be good to have a forum topic titled something like , “What have you rowed today?”

Kind of our little ‘brag forum’ where it’s just possible to post one’s own row of the day?

I finished the 12 Rows yesterday, and I couldn’t immediately find where I could simply write a post to note the experience and achievement. I was tempted to go back to Facebook and post there.

Done!! Thanks for the awesome suggestion.

viewforum.php?f=14

John
stu9560

Post by stu9560 »

Brilliant idea but can I suggest a modification?

Instead of a separate board with individual threads for our workouts, how about a single ongoing thread: "What did you do today?" or suchlike. Hopefully this would encourage us to reply to and compliment on others' workouts before posting our own exploits. It works well on the Concept2 forum.
RowAlong
Site Admin

Post by RowAlong »

stu9560 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:53 am Brilliant idea but can I suggest a modification?

Instead of a separate board with individual threads for our workouts, how about a single ongoing thread: "What did you do today?" or suchlike. Hopefully this would encourage us to reply to and compliment on others' workouts before posting our own exploits. It works well on the Concept2 forum.
Great modification. I've done this, and made the thread a sticky on its own.