Welcome to the RowAlong Community, relaunched for 2024

Please help it grow by registering and posting. And of course, get in touch with me if you have any feedback on this community.

This is me.

Introduce yourself
MisterK

This is me.

Post by MisterK »

Hi, I'm probably not going to be posting much on here, more of a listener than a talker, so my main reason for joining is to learn.
I've been rowing for many years, but on a casual basis, and I tend to spend my leisure time in the outdoors during the spring, summer and autumn months, so my rowing takes a back seat then.
I've found a renewed interest now, and I'm enjoying the Rowalong videos. I completed the 2k training plan before Christmas, and continued with the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge. I've started the 5k training plan now, and just finished week 1.
I'm 75 years old (76 in March) and my 2k time is 8:26.9. My best ever time was 7:46 I think.
Prior to starting the 5k plan my 5k time was about 22 mins. Unfortunately it wasn't saved for some unknown reason, so I don't know the exact time. My pace was about 2:12.
So that's me. I'll finish with a big thank you to John for all the time and effort he's put in on the YouTube videos. Well done!
Ceebs.CBDB

Re: This is me.

Post by Ceebs.CBDB »

Brilliant! Hello! 👋
mrkpayne@gmail.com

Post by mrkpayne@gmail.com »

Mark Payne jere in Granite Galls Wa. About to turn 65, retired a bit over 2 years ago weight 253. Got my diet under control, bought a Peloton bike, lost 30 lbs, bought tread, lost another 25 lbs, tore up my knee, Biking and tread were near impossiable to use. Bought a Peloton Row. Orthorscopic surgery in Jan last year (3rd time) that failed- now bone on bone, in May had a bionic knee replacement- back on slides in 5 days and light pulling after 8 days. Weight loss continued- made it to 171lbs- but had lost muscle (too few calories and too many workouys...)- added back @15 lbs of muscle while still losing fat. Now stable at 180-185.

Ive rowed (starting from never rowing) to over 2.5million meters in 13 months- now working on perfecting form and speed work. Added a C2 (used) because its the industry competition standard. Getting muscles adapted to the 2" narrower foot beds.

I do a half marathon once or twice a month- row 6 days a week with a average of a biy over 10k a day.And for my birthday will complete a full marathon.

John has been tremendously helpful in my improvements!
Casper Blom

Post by Casper Blom »

Mark, nice to read.
Not sure though if a full marathon as a birthday present would make me happy, the result would, the exercise not?! :D