Greetings from Cornwall, UK

Introduce yourself
stu9560

Greetings from Cornwall, UK

Post by stu9560 »

Early 60s runner and rower, using the erg as cross-training and for general fitness and wellbeing: run one day, row the next. I'm looking for variety and interest so I don't follow a set training plan, instead I ask the computer to choose me a random session. Haven't done a 2k for years because they're hard and I don't like them (!) but on the basis of past performance I count 2:00 as my 2k pace and this seems about right.

Bought the erg in July 2007 and the goal is to reach 20 million meters by July 2027 (currently approaching 16.5 million).

Been doing workouts from here for a while and liking the laid-back approach of Lord RowAlong. And pleased to find this 'ere forum because I can't abide Faecesbook.
RowAlong
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Cornwall, UK

Post by RowAlong »

Hopefully this community will grow, most likely from other people with an aversion to Farcebook!

Good to hear from you - and I think your rowing routine is a great one. Mix up what you're doing to keep your body moving in different ways. I mix up rowing, cycling, running and then all the HYROX stuff (and possibly Kayaking this year) for this very reason.

I wonder if I should make a 'Randomiser' on the website? Put all of my workouts into a pot, you click "Go" and it then spits out a workout for you to do...

Anyway, great to hear from you.

John
stu9560

Re: Greetings from Cornwall, UK

Post by stu9560 »

Hello John!

I was basically doing a randomiser by asking YouTube to shuffle the pack for me but the preponderance of 30-minute rows led to less variety than I hoped. So I spent an afternoon listing 30 bottom and 30 mid tier sessions and 10 top tiers to avoid repetition, and adjusted some of them to suit myself.

Today is a bottom tier day and the computer says No 22 on my list -- 60 minutes at 24spm 2K+18-20, or UT2 in other words.

Cheers,
Stu