This is me.

Introduce yourself
MisterK

This is me.

Post by MisterK »

Hi, I'm probably not going to be posting much on here, more of a listener than a talker, so my main reason for joining is to learn.
I've been rowing for many years, but on a casual basis, and I tend to spend my leisure time in the outdoors during the spring, summer and autumn months, so my rowing takes a back seat then.
I've found a renewed interest now, and I'm enjoying the Rowalong videos. I completed the 2k training plan before Christmas, and continued with the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge. I've started the 5k training plan now, and just finished week 1.
I'm 75 years old (76 in March) and my 2k time is 8:26.9. My best ever time was 7:46 I think.
Prior to starting the 5k plan my 5k time was about 22 mins. Unfortunately it wasn't saved for some unknown reason, so I don't know the exact time. My pace was about 2:12.
So that's me. I'll finish with a big thank you to John for all the time and effort he's put in on the YouTube videos. Well done!
Ceebs.CBDB

Re: This is me.

Post by Ceebs.CBDB »

Brilliant! Hello! 👋
mrkpayne@gmail.com

Post by mrkpayne@gmail.com »

Mark Payne jere in Granite Galls Wa. About to turn 65, retired a bit over 2 years ago weight 253. Got my diet under control, bought a Peloton bike, lost 30 lbs, bought tread, lost another 25 lbs, tore up my knee, Biking and tread were near impossiable to use. Bought a Peloton Row. Orthorscopic surgery in Jan last year (3rd time) that failed- now bone on bone, in May had a bionic knee replacement- back on slides in 5 days and light pulling after 8 days. Weight loss continued- made it to 171lbs- but had lost muscle (too few calories and too many workouys...)- added back @15 lbs of muscle while still losing fat. Now stable at 180-185.

Ive rowed (starting from never rowing) to over 2.5million meters in 13 months- now working on perfecting form and speed work. Added a C2 (used) because its the industry competition standard. Getting muscles adapted to the 2" narrower foot beds.

I do a half marathon once or twice a month- row 6 days a week with a average of a biy over 10k a day.And for my birthday will complete a full marathon.

John has been tremendously helpful in my improvements!
Casper Blom

Post by Casper Blom »

Mark, nice to read.
Not sure though if a full marathon as a birthday present would make me happy, the result would, the exercise not?! :D