Welcome to the RowAlong Community, relaunched for 2024

Please help it grow by registering and posting. And of course, get in touch with me if you have any feedback on this community.

Hello from Iowa, USA

Introduce yourself
willhoyer

Hello from Iowa, USA

Post by willhoyer »

Well, I'm re-introducing myself here (Thanks, John!) so I'll try to remember what I wrote last time...

I grew up a competitive soccer (football for everyone outside the US) player but then got into bike racing and then running in college. In my 30s I did a lot of trailrunning and ultramarathons. Then old age and genetics kicked in and a mis-shapen femoral head in my hip and a resulting surgery meant no more running, and eventually no cycling. I got a SkiErg the week after surgery and did that for a few years before adding a RowErg 3 years ago. The RowAlong channel was the perfect find once I had the rowerg and I have loved having a coach and a supportive group and all the competitive opportunities that are out there. I've said it before but this little corner of the internet that John has built and fostered is truly a gift and John deserves all the kudos we can give him! I look forward to "meeting" you all and supporting each other!