Welcome to the RowAlong Community, relaunched for 2024

Please help it grow by registering and posting. And of course, get in touch with me if you have any feedback on this community.

From the high 'n dry Dutch famrgrounds

Introduce yourself
Casper Blom

From the high 'n dry Dutch famrgrounds

Post by Casper Blom »

When I was 18 (over 35 years ago that is), I used to play field hockey at national levels. A silly accident meant torn-off inside and outside ligaments of both ankles, so that was goodbye to that. Went to uni and needed something to replace hockey, rowing it was. Rowed lightweight international races in an 8+ and later for the fun of it (??) rowed a infamous Dutch 100km and a 150km regatta, after which the gloves had to be cut away from my hands by doctors...
After a busy expatriate life across the globe am settling down on my farmhouse in rural Netherland, where all my indoors virtual activities are at the service of tending after the birds & the bees, and the flowers & the trees, really :)
One week ago, and I finally picked up a Concept2 model D, and hooked it up to EXR. Am hooked and loving the gaming factor.
Am trying to get to grips to the digital indoor rowing world.. So bear with me here and there pls.

As for my rowing ambitions & capabilities, not really sure, as long as they can support my outdoorsy lifestyle: haven't tried race pace yet, do some steady, longer stuff, trying 10+km /day just to get a groove and kick start some bloodflow.

Very much enjoyed my first RowAlong session this past Sunday - thanks John!!

Hope to meet you on those virtual waters! - Casper

EXR: Casper A. Blom
Concept2: Casper Blom

Below my -preliminary- setup. It is wip.
Gym under the thatch
Gym under the thatch
20240108_123721.jpg (241.21 KiB) Viewed 7145 times
Ceebs.CBDB

Re: From the high 'n dry Dutch famrgrounds

Post by Ceebs.CBDB »

Now that’s a proper gym shed! Nice one! Love the look and am dead jealous! 😃
mike22

Re: From the high 'n dry Dutch famrgrounds

Post by mike22 »

"From the high 'n dry Dutch farmgrounds" seems to suggest a location or origin, possibly in the Netherlands. This phrase could describe a place that is elevated and not prone to flooding. If you have a specific question or need more information related to this phrase, please let me know! https://lavaloungehouston.com/