The RowAlong challenge is for every athlete, on any Concept2 machine. Row / Ski / Bike.
Challenge Runs until 31st December 2020.
- Load up 10 minutes into the monitor. Set the splits to 2 minutes.
- Start rowing at 24 Strokes Per Minute, SKI at 36spm or ride at 80rpm on the BikeErg – at ANY PACE YOU WANT.
- You are aiming to keep the same pace and stroke rate / rpm for the ten minutes.
- When you’re finished, go to the memory screen.
- Look at the stroke rate for each of your 5 splits. Any difference is worth 5 points per stroke/rev.
- Compare the first 2 minute split to the other four. The difference in the distance between the first split and any of the others is worth 3 points per meter.
- Add up your total – and SUBMIT YOUR SCORE HERE.
For example. If one split was 23spm and one was 26 – but the other three were 24 – then you’ll earn 15 points for the total three stroke difference.
And if the first split was a distance of 515m – but the next splits were 510 / 517 / 512 / 515 – then you’ll be 5m/2m/3m/0m different. 10 x 3 = 30 more points.
So your score for this row is 45 points.
All entries will be in a prize draw to win one of 3 RowAlong T-shirts.
- Subscribe to RowAlong on YouTube and comment on the YouTube RowAlong Challenge video = 1 extra entry
- Tag a screenshot with #RowAlong and post to the Concept2 Indoor Rowing Hub or Concept 2 Community or Concept2 Logbook on Facebook – 1 extra entry
- Post a screenshot to Instagram tagging RowAlong_Workouts – 1 extra entry
- Post a screenshot to Twitter tagging @RowAlong_Videos – 1 extra entry
- A “Bullseye” (0 points) – proved by a screenshot – 1 extra entry.
Must be done either on a Concept2 Row Bike or Ski Erg – or with a Rowing machine that will let you set splits to 2minutes so you can add up your points.
You can have as many attempts as you like at this. But only one score will count. Previous entries will be deleted and only one will remain.
Posting multiple times to multiple socials won’t give you multiple entries – you can get a maximum of 6 entries by satisfying the above criteria.
No cash alternatives to the T-shirts.
You can choose from the “Fitter Faster Stronger / Don’t Push the Slow Stuff or Don’t Snap the Carrot” RowAlong t-shirt range.
Any age can enter.
Any location can enter.
It’s free to enter
You take part in the understanding that this is an exertion, no matter how slow or fast you row – any concerns about your health and wellbeing should be addressed to a doctor before you take part in any strenuous exercise.
Any questions – just ask.